The Oxford Changing Character of War Programme
See all news here.
The Programme consists of three permanent members of staff and a Steering Committee drawn from Pembroke College and the academic disciplines with which the programme is engaged. Breadth and diversity is added by the Visiting Fellowship programme which attracts participants from across the globe (approximately twelve per year) as well as our Oxford-based research associates.
Policy & Impact
The CCW Programme is a catalyst for critical thinking beyond the academy, and has a strong track record of advice and consultancy with the government of the United Kingdom and its armed forces, as well as many other countries. The excellence of our comparative work and our ability to blend theoretical and applied understanding are particularly highly valued.
The Oxford Changing Character of War Programme (CCW) is devoted to the interdisciplinary study of war and armed conflict. It is a successful, policy-relevant research programme based in Pembroke College, University of Oxford, and enjoying global influence and international partnerships.
- Subscribe to the CCW mailing list.
- Apply for a Visiting Research Fellowship.
- Find out more about the CCW Working Group on Armed Conflict.
- Listen again to CCW seminars.
- Read our Annual Report.
- Apply for the CCW Executive Leadership Course 2017.
- Submit papers to the Conflict Research Society Annual Conference 2017.